If you are using Discord but as a new member and don’t know how to DM on Discord Without Being Friends, then you can read the full article for your question. If you are searching for the question “how to message someone on Discord.” then we will give a detailed answer to your question. Follow all the instructions given below to become able to send and receive a message on Discord.
If you don’t know about the word “DM,” it is the term derived from the social media website, and its means is “Direct Message.” It is also used in Discord application where peoples Use DM word to show the Direct message.
What is DM on Discord:
As explained above, DM is a direct message. Discord direct message allows peoples to have a one-to-one conversation with the Discord community. It is a private chat, and no one can see this chat.
You can start a new group chat, and you can send a direct message to that group. Read the full article if you have stuck finding out how to dm on Discord.
Also Read: Fix Discord No Route Error
How to DM on Discord
Message to a friend on Discord is quite easy for everyone, Open their profile, click on the message button, and you can send and receive messages in Discord. But, the problem is something else, when you try to send a message to someone who is not your friend in Discord, then I have explained all the steps you can follow to send a message to anyone on Discord.
Note: I will explain methods for every device, such as, if you are owning, PC, Mac, Android, or iOS, you can send the message by following the related steps. Some peoples On Discord set their DM o “Friends Only.” In that case, you are unable to send them a message.
How To DM On Discord Using PC & Mac
Most gamers use PC or Mac devices to use Discord Server. So these steps may be most important for every gamer. If you are using PC or Mac, then follow the steps to dm someone in Discord.
- Open your Discord
- Click on the Discord icon and choose “Friends” from the list.
- You can see all the friends on a list, and if you want to see online friends, choose the Online tab.
- Click on the Friend name you’d like to chat with. It will open DM windows between you.
- Write your message and press Enter your message has been sent to your friend.
- If you want to DM a member of the server you are a member of, open the server from the server menu.
- You can see all the members of the server, find the required one.
- Click on the member name and choose the Message option.
- Write your message in the text box and press Enter to send your message.
I hope you can now send DM on Discord using your PC and Mac; next, I will share methods for Ios and Android.
DM Using Android
- Open Discord Application.
- Tab on the top-left corner of the screen.
- From your friend list, choose any contact.
- Click on the Chat message button to send him DM.
- Write your text message and click on send.
DM Using iOS Device
- Open Discord Application on your iOS device.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose the friends logo. Usually, after clicking on the three white lines, you will get this option.
- Choose the username to open the chat window.
- In the pop-up window, type your message and press send button.
How To DM Someone On Discord Without Being Friends
You are on a server, and you want to send a message to those users who are not your friends; you can follow the below-mentioned steps to send them DM (Direct Message).
- An icon is looking like two people together, click on it and find the user to whom you want to send a message.
- Now click on the message option.
- Type your message and send it to that user.
How to Create a Group Chat On Discord
A group is a place where many users can discuss different agendas. So, You can create a group where peoples can share their gaming strategies; and you have a chance to learn more techniques. You can only invite friends to your group. To create a group chat, follow the steps.
Also Read: Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint
When you add friends to the group will have a new Button called “New Group DM,” available to you.
- Click on the button shown in the picture below to open a new window of all your friends.
- You can add nine users to the group, and you will be the 10th one on Discord Group Chat.
Another way to create a group chat on Discord to add peoples in already create conversations. Open the already running conversation and add a new friend there.
How to Kick Out Member from Group Chat On Discord
If you are the group’s creator, only you have the power to kick any user out of the group. No one else can do this task, So how to kick out a member from the group is explained below.
- On the right side of the group, a list of the member is available.
- Search the user you want to kick.
- Right, click on the name a choose Remove From Group option.
This is an informational article where we try to explain how to DM on Discord; we hope you like this article. So, Discord is the best platform for a gamer to stay in touch with the gaming community and provide a chance to learn more tips for every game. Share this article with your friends on social media; it will help us understand users’ needs.