Discord is a fast-growing gaming community for all the world’s gamers; we saw a huge increasing trend towards this application. It is not just a gaming point anymore.
We are going to share the six best and tested solutions to fix this error. So, You can apply them all to run your Discord application properly.
Also See: HOW TO FIX DISCORD NO ROUTE ERROR
Solution 1: Delete The Discord Files
Every program stores temporary data on the computer, Discord also does it to make their functionality efficient. These temporary data files sometimes are the main reason for many different types of errors and terminate the programs when they run.
To make the Discord application error-free, we have to delete those files which are creating problems. Just follow the steps to run your application successfully by deleting Discord files.
- Close the Discord from the Task Manager. In the Windows search bar, type “Task Manager” and open it. You can see all the running processes there; just click on the Discord and then click on End Task.
- Open “Run Dialog Box’ by press the Windows + r button, or you can open it by type run in the Windows search bar.
- In the Run Windows, type “%appdata%” and press the Ok button, and hit Enter from your keyboard.
- When the following windows open, search for the Discord Folder and delete it.
- Now you have to open the “Run dialog box” again for the next step, which is step 2.
- Write “%localappdata%” in the dialog box and press the ok button.
- Find the Discord folder again in the directory and delete it by pressing the delete button from the keyboard.
- Now Go to the Discord installation folder and open the setup again. Follow all the on-screen instructions for installation.
Solution 2: Remove Or Whitelist Discord Files From Antivirus
One of the most common files of Discord that blocks by all the Antivirus is discord_voice. You have to fix it if you want to run your application. To fix this issue, you have to whitelist all the blocked Discord files from Antivirus.
Variety of Antivirus available in the market nowadays, and each has a different method to whitelist the blocked files. Explaining Methods for every Antivirus is very difficult, but we will give the most common and free Avast Antivirus solution.
- Open Avast by right-clicking on the Avast icon and choose the Avast User Interface option from the menu.
- You will find the Protection tab on the left side of the Avast interface; just click on it.
- There you will find the Virus Chest option on the right side. All the quarantined files will be there.
- Now find all the Discord files in the list; you can find them easily because these are almost starting from Discord_ or with a similar variant.
- When you place the mouse on the files, you will find three dots, click on those three dots and select “restore and add exception” from the list.
- You have to whitelist all the Discord files by applying step no 5.
- Now start the installation on your system for Discord.
In the future, we to apply some simple steps to avoid any interruptions from Avast during the installation process of Discord. We can add a Discord folder in the exception list of Avast. The installation process with be smooth and without any interruptions from Avast, and will not add any Discord files in the Virus Chest.
- Open Your Avast Antivirus Software.
- On the top right corner, you will find the settings option.
- Now select the General section available on the left side.
- In the General section, choose the Exceptions option.
- Choose “Add Exceptions.”
- Find the Discord Installation folder and Select Exception.
- Relaunch the Discord Installation process.
Solution 3: Closing all the Running Discord Processes
If some of the processes are running, then it is not possible to reinstall Discord. So, we will try ending all the running processes from the task manager of our system and try to reinstall Discord on our system. If the parallel processes are already running, then Discord will fail its installation. The Only solution for this problem is to stop all the processes from the Task Manager.
- In the Windows Search Bar, type “Task Manager” and open it, or you can press Windows + R button and type “taskmgr” in the dialog box and hit enter.
- In the Task Manager, search for all the Discord Process, Select all process and select End Process.
- Try to reinstall the Discord Application and check if it fixed the error.
In some cases, people cannot end the Discord instance; they can do it by using Command Prompt to fix it. Follow the steps to fix it by using Command Prompt.
- Open Windows Search Bar and Type Command Prompt, right-click on it, and run as administrator.
- Enter the following command in the cmd.
- taskkill /f /im discord.exe
- Now see that your error is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Apply Discord Reinstallation Process
Although it is a simple way, it has significant results to solve your issue. If you are sure there is no issue with your Antivirus or you are not using any Windows server, this is the only way that works for you.
This method has successfully solved the issues of many users who are facing this error. Every step is important for this method. Follow some steps mentioned below to reinstall Discord properly.
- Login to your system or PC as an administrator because only the administrator can delete program files.
- Open the control panel from the startup menu. By clicking on the gear icon in Windows 10, you can open the Control panel.
- Remember you have to set the view as to categories; this option will be available at the top right corner of the screen. Under the Program section, choose “Uninstall a program.”
- Find the Discord application.
- Now Click Uninstall; this will open an uninstallation wizard for Discord. Select “completely remove Discord on your computer” and click on the yes button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button when the uninstallation process complete and close the window.
- Open the Run dialog box by search it in the Windows search bar, or you can use Windows + R shortcut key from your keyboard.
- In the run dialog box, type %appdata% and press the Ok button.
- There you have to find the Discord folder and delete them all.
- Now again, open the run dialog box and type %localappdata%, and press the Ok button.
- Again Find the Discord folder and delete it as well.
- Make sure all the Discord folders are completely deleted, and no one is left there.
Solution 5: Launch Discord Without Administrator Rights or Privileges
Many Discord Users have noticed that the application works fine when they are not logged in by using their administrator account. We can now able to understand that the actual problem with this tool is administrator permissions.
- Open the properties of the Discord Application by right-clicking on the icon. You can’t find the application; you can search it in the Windows Search Bar.
- A new window will open there; click on the shortcut tab and then select the advance option.
- Now untick the option run as administrator, and then press the Ok button.
- Go to the compatibility tab, untick the option run as administrator there, and press the Ok button to save all the changes.
Solution 6: Discord PTB
PTB is Discord’s s test beta build, and you can download it from the official website of Discord. The installation process and its functionality are the same as the Discord, it has its own data, and it will never interact with your normal Discord application. So, If you can’t find the PTB from the official Discord website, you can download PTB from here.